Monday, November 22, 2010

Finally On The Road Again

So Steph and I have finally made it back on the road after almost a year. WOW!!!! What we have been missing! After the shock of losing every picture I had I sort of stopped taking any pictures all together until I could figure out what I was going to do. Now that I have my drive back and all of my pictures, its time to finish what we started.

So on with the show.

November 21, 2010 we started our trip heading East this time. We headed through Gonzales which we have, but I wanted to try and get a better picture.

(#1 Gonzales County Courthouse)





















Next stop was the Lavaca County Courthouse.

(#2 Lavaca County Courthouse)
















(#3 was supposed to be the Columbus County Courthouse but it was under construction so we skipped this one and moved on through.)



Next stop was the Austin County Courthouse. Although not one of the prettier designs, it has its own character. The original one burnt down (I forgot the year) and this one was erected in its place. I did however take pictures of the original jail. See below and imagine what the courthouse MIGHT have looked like.

(#4 Austin County Courthouse)















It seems that since Marvin was unsuccessful in blowing up the Earth so he could have a better view of Venus, he will have to settle for taking over the Earth one courthouse at a time. :)

...and now, without further delay, I would like to introduce my friend...Marvin.


(#4 Austin County Courthouse - secured by Marvin the Martian)














(Austin County Jail)















Next stop was the Washington County Courthouse.

(#5 Washington County Courthouse)















(#5 Washington County Courthouse - secured by Marvin the Martian)
















Next stop was the Waller County Courthouse.

(#5 Waller County Courthouse)














(#5 Waller County Courthouse - secured by Marvin the Martian)






















Next stop was the Washington County Courthouse. Again, not a pretty one, but has its own character.

(#6 Montgomery County Courthouse)














(#6 Montgomery County Courthouse - secured by Marvin the Martian)
















(#7 was supposed to be the Houston County Courthouse but it was under construction so we skipped this one and ended the trip for the day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment