Sunday, July 26, 2009

So we've come to an end...for now

Well, it was a week of 1,000 miles and 1,000 pictures. 7 days full of great memories, history and wonderful sites in Texas. We really hated to see it end, so we have decided that we are going to try and continue our Texas travels one weekend a month if we can. After all, if I want to get all the Courthouses in Texas I will have to get out of town. ;) So without further delay, on to the final day of travel...

First stop, Johnson City. This is the county seat for Blanco County. (If you will remember from earlier in our travels, I took pictures of the Courthouse in Blanco, but it was no longer the county seat. It had moved to Johnson City after just 4-years in Blanco. (#1 & #2 below)

#1


#2


After Johnson City we headed Marble Falls where we had dinner at the River City Grill overlooking the river. It was truly beautiful there, but unfortunately I didn't pull out the camera. :( (I know, its a miracle.)

Now on to Burnet where I really enjoyed the historic district. The Burnet County Courthouse was honestly pretty boring, but on the list none-the-less. :) (#3,4 & 5 below)

#3


#4


#5


And on to the last Courthouse of our vacation...Llano County. Truly beautiful! Great one to end the trip with. (#6, 7, & 8 below)

#6


#7


#8


So to finish it off we stopped at Krause Springs in Spicewood Springs. What a totally awesome place to take a dip in the springs. Beautiful area, just wish I would have taken my tripod down to the river with me. Oh well, I did get a couple of pictures to share at the river and up in the gardens. (#9, 10 & 11 below)

#9


#10


#11


If you have been one of the followers this week, I hope you enjoyed the travels. Check back from time to time as I will probably be adding new images from our trips. There were so many pictures to sift through for display and many I want to edit and re-post.

No comments:

Post a Comment