Friday, July 24, 2009

Keeping Near Our Roots

So Wednesday we stayed closer to home and toured around the Austin area. First stop was the Zilker Botanical Gardens. Due to the drought I would give it a 75% rating, but when everything is in bloom I bet that place is amazing! I am REALLY looking forward to going back when we finally get some rain. (Any photographers reading this should consider taking family pictures there. Even now its still really pretty as you will see.

On the way in there were some beautiful Water Lilly's in a pond just outside the gate. (Picture #1 is from that pond...and yeah, I'm having it printed.)

#1


Continuing down the trails we were serenaded by this funny little Eastern Bewick's Wren. He posed and sang (#2 below) for about 3 minutes while I sat and changed my lenses out. :)

#2


So moving forward we saw many spectacular photo opportunities, but I will only post a few. (#3, 4 & 5)

#3


#4


#5


So after we left the Zilker Gardens we moved on to the Texas State Cemetery. I know this sounds odd, but the grounds are absolutely beautiful and perfect for pictures. :) Steph and I took a few pictures for fun. (#6 & #7)

#6


#7


Since we have been taking pictures of beautiful chuches we couldn't forget to visit St. Mary's in Austin. Talk about a wonderful show of craftsmanship! Absolutely gorgeous! (I also decided to remove the business building in one of the pictures to show its full beauty. (#8, 9, 10 & 11)

#8


#9


#10


#11


And now on to the main reason for the trip to Austin. Here is the Travis County Courthouse. This is certainly not one of the prettiest on our trips this week, but one on the list none the less. :) (#12 & #13)

#12


#13

No comments:

Post a Comment